And WHY are we going?
Friday 7th and Saturday 8th June 2019 in Birmingham, England at the National Exhibition Centre, popularly known as the NEC. It’s located on North Ave, Marston Green, Birmingham B40 1NT.
England’s newest family history conference features a plethora of the world’s best experts on family history and DNA research. Two presentation stages feature presentations about:
- Understanding copyright and copywrong
- The 1939 register
- How to get started
- Organizing what you’ve collected
- How DNA tests may provide clues about common ancestors
- Scottish ancestry
- British India research
- Genealogy blogs
- Army records
- Netherlands research
- French ancestry
- Google Earth
- Irish research
- Writing and sharing your family history
- Getting young people involved
- Jewish ancestors
- Lost cousins down under
- The power of video paired with genealogy
- How to organized and keep track of everything
- Social media – research and share
- Oral history – If these walls could talk
- Spain research
- Workhouse records
- Birth, marriage and death records in the National Archives
- Dutch genealogy,
- House histories
- Canadian research
- Common law
- Norwegian research
- and many more
The main stage will feature several “People’s WDYTYA Who Do You Think You Are?” experiences. After all family history is for everyone, not just the celebrities.
And we haven’t even mentioned the exhibit hall.
Valerie is presenting and Myrt is on the organizing board, so we are chomping at the bit to get there. We’re preparing, packing, making reservations and pinpointing sightseeing and ancestral side trips before and after this marvelous conference.
This will be our chance to learn about software & helpful websites, and to network with friends from throughout the world.
We look forward to sharing our most excellent genealogy adventure with you!